Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Spotlight

Each week, I'll spotlight interview a character in 'She Waited' so readers can 'meet and greet' and get to know a bit about them before reading their story. This week, it's a pleasure to introduce you to Yasmina.


DK: Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you, Yasmina. And may I say, you have striking eyes. 

Yas: You may of course say what you will. Eyes are the mirrors into a soul, which explains why so many of you  non world woman do not wear veils.

DK: Um, I'm sorry, I'm not certain I understand your meaning.

Yas: I mean nothing. Or perhaps I do.

DK: All right. So, tell us a bit about yourself.

Yas: What is there to tell? I am a woman and I run His household.

DK: His...being. . . The Pain Master?

Yas: Some call Him that.

DK: I thought it was His name.

Yas: A name is something one chooses for him or her self is it not?

DK: Well, usually the parents choose the name.

Yas: Not when the seedling grows into a tree.

DK: Okay. So, how long have you worked for the Pain Master?

Yas: Our work can not be measured in months or years.

DK: It can't?

Yas: No.

DK: *gestures*  Do you always wear a veil?

Yas. Yes.

DK: What work do you do for the Pain Master?

Yas: I already told you.

DK: What are your specific duties?

Yas: I help with the training and the marketing.

DK: What sort of training?

Yas: Whatever the one needs at the time.

DK: What did Kylie need?

Yas: Only to believe in the fire her spark could ignite.

DK: And what was that?

Yas: What she needed.

DK: *crossing one leg over the other* Did anyone ever tell you talking in riddles isn't fun?

Yas: *smiles and stands* May your path be sunny. Good bye.

DK: Well, good bye *talks to empty room*

One last photo of Yasmina, woman of mystery.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment