Saturday, June 22, 2013

TB Premiere

I won't do SPOILERS (geesh, I LOVE River Song) but for fans of The True Blood show, the series premiere for the next season is a killer (hahaha). The characters are faithful to the author's voice and life breathed into them from her books and even though I think Sookie is a big fool for what she does at the end (see? no spoilers) it's exactly what her character would do.

And the word of the season, probably to go down in series history: Bilith.

I'm always worried when a series or movie based on popular books is brought to the small or big screen. It's easy to 'rewrite' and'make something better' which completely changes who the characters are, why they act as they do, etc. I thought 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'Harry Potter' were fairly faithful to the books, though I do like the books better. So it's good to see 'True Blood' staying more or less true to the author's creations.

Let's hope more series and movies take a note from these and stay true to the characters. Though I do sort of wish the tv True Blood doesn't end the way the last Sookie book did. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment