Thursday, June 13, 2013


I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan. And I just discovered the Doctor WHo books (yes, I'm way behind the times, I know). But with the announcment of the 11th actor leavng the role, and the search for the next Doctor ongoing, I admit I'm paying more attention to the gossip and blogs and posts and comments about Who might be the next Who.

He will have to be Brittish. Or Scottist. Or Australian. Or, omg, Irish. Mmmmmm accent. Smart, witty, know what to do in every situation and yet be vulerable. Love the TARDIS above all and treat her like the Lady she is.

Plus, I'm Team River. She's His Love. Always. Forever.

And, important to me, the Companion has to be strong, fun loving and not dopey in love with him. Sure we all love--or hate-- the Doctor, depending on what he does or says. But the reason I never warmed to some of the previous companions is that they were so dopey about their feelings they couldn't see straight.

And. . . I can't stand a dopey female character. Sure, be so in love with someone you can't eat, sleep, talk, think about anything but HIM/HER. But never lose sight of the fact you are also YOU. Think this way: YOU are a fab cake, wonderfully delicious and amazing, the best unique one on the earth. Whoever you choose as your 'One' should be like icing on your cake: compliment what's already there, not change the basic structure.

So Who should be the next Who?

No comments:

Post a Comment