Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BIG DAY!!!


I'm SIGNING THE BOOK CONTRACT FOR SHE WAITED TODAY!!!! I am beyond excited :)

In all the excitement, I do want to say: It's easy to get lost in the excitement and simply sign. After all, this Publisher wants my book! And while my Publisher is amazing, has great people and an excellent reputation, the age old, tv Judge Judy advice still holds true: READ everything you sign. Read it completely. A first time, a second, a third. Let someone else read it, someone who deals with legal issues and contracts (and has a savy business sense). Not because you don't trust the Publisher. Not because you think there's 'hidden' meanings in the clauses. But because it makes sense. Because it's the smart and PROFESSIONAL to do.

Writing is a talent, a joy, a pain. But Writing for Publication is a Business. For the Author, for the Publisher, for the Reader. For the Author to follow deadlines and edits and reviews and hopefully, make some money doing what he/she loves. For the Publisher, it's to make money, and to be the company promoting and Publishing the next best seller and simply an excellent story. And for the Reader, its knowing your hard earned money is well spent on a story that will leave you breathless, let you escape and take you away.

So as I sign this Contract, I hope I've fulfilled all the above. I'm moving from Writer to Professional Writer, and I can't thank my Publisher enough for the opportunity to share my story with Readers.

Now. . .buckle your seatbelts and grab some chocolate. SHE WAITED is coming soon!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment